June 15, 2009

So... not much to say...

Hi Readers,

I apologize for not posting for the last few days. I couldn't think of anything to post, and have a few thing going on anyway. Also training my new service dog (a small black lab) is wearing me out. I'm a horrible trainer, sometimes I have no idea what I am doing. She threw up twice while I was training her (on the floor and the carpet. Not on me!). Ugh.

To train a service dog is not the same as training a regular dog. You have to train the dog special commands depending on the type of service the dog it). I basically have to teach her to alert me to sounds that include phone, bell, door knock, and fire/smoke alarm. The trainings take a few months to learn.

I still can't get her to learn how to alert me that she has to go to the bathroom like when I watch tv, or resting. I hope she'll eventually do. It would be nice.

I'm doing my best to bond with my new dog. But it's hard. It takes one day at a time. It's not easy after losing your dog in a tragic way (it has been almost 8 months since Bodie passed away). He was my best friend and my pal. My bond and feeling for him are still very strong as ever.

She is only 15 months. Still a puppy. She really is sweet, just needs a lot of work with commands and to learn how to behave around babies and little children. She also need a fresh and nice bath! Best thing thing I like about her is how she greets me in the morning. I also enjoy watching her playing with her friends. She four playmate. Good way for her to stay healthy and fit while running around. Two of them are also black labs, so it's kinda cool.

Hopefully, I'll get something to post later today.

The Linkster.

No comments: