October 2, 2008

Monsters 411 To Go


Couldn't think of a better title..

Finally, October is here and Halloween is on the way. So, like last year, I'll be posting some scary links, but not gory. Be warned anyway!

Today I will start with "Monsters 411". It's a pretty cool site. As you can see it is dedicated to monsters. You can read interviews (for example: Ray Harryhausen!). Articles (example: Bob Burns & Restoring The Time Machine). For some reason these two categories show "coming soon", but they do function. Just click on the image. I think this site is a bit new. But I am not sure because I don't see any copyrights.

Also, there are reviews, magazines, photos, monster arts and miscellaneous (dvds, books, cds, video clips). There are also links that I have not checked.

If you like to create/draw monster arts, you can send your own too.

The drawing above was drawn by Frank Dietz's. Click on his drawing at Monsters 411 and you'll land on his personal site. He has awesome sketches displayed which you can buy as well. I admit, I chose this drawing to display here, because I am a die hard fan of this original movie ;-) I don't even know how many times I've seen it since I was a kid. More than 50 times I am sure. Personally, I think it's one of George Pals' best movies.

Monsters 411
http://www.monsters411.com/

You can visit Frank Dietz's site directly from here as well:

Frank Dietz
http://www.sketchythings.com/

No comments: