July 10, 2008

The Nation's Innkeeper


This is just another site about the old hotel days. The Motel Americana site has a nostalgic look at the motels of the past. It focuses largely on Holiday Inn. The way it used to be. Holiday Inn is described as the "Wal-Mart of the hospitality world". I thought it was a good title, except that I wouldn't call it that way these days.

I have memories of this hotel/motel where we'd sometimes stay at during our trips a few decades ago for that reason. It was a great hotel to stay at. I loved it. Today even motel 6 can be quite expensive in some places. It's too bad those old days are long gone.

There are several links. I did not checked them, but I do have a few them in my blog already.

Motel Americana
http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/wooda/motel/holiday/index.html


No comments: