March 14, 2008

Fading Murals


The "Fading Ad Blog by Frank H. Jump" features images of mural ads and signage taken by Frank H. Jump, who is an artist and a teacher. It's also about "cross-curricular culture".

There are all type of ads and signages pictured here about variety of subjects. Personally, I've always found it interesting to see those "antique" names on brick buildings. Makes you wonder what they originally looked like, when they were "new" some decades ago. A different era. It's intriguing to me. Jump's photography also include non-ad images. Besides his photography, there are contributions from other photographers.

I'd like to note that I have not seen every single picture, but I did see a freaky picture of a bird embryo under "ectopic pregnancy" and "embryo". So be ware. It looks like an alien. Seriously... some of the other images in the embryo section disturbed me a little as well.

Fading Ad Blog
http://fadingad.wordpress.com/


2 comments:

Sam Roberts said...

These signs are a worldwide phenomenon, found everywhere you can imagine. While Frank's are mainly from NYC and USA I have been photographing and researching in London and UK. Have a look at http://www.ghostsigns.co.uk

Daphna said...

Hey thanks for the info. I looked at your blog and enjoyed looking at your photographs. :-)