December 26, 2007

One Times Square And The LED Ball



With the new year around the corner, have you ever wondered about the famous Times Square ball's background and its history? Did you know that the new ball is now a LED (light-emitting diode) crystal? Here you might find the answers to your questions. I remember a few years ago, I actually saw the preparation on tv. It was interesting. I think it was a segment during the Dick Clark New Year Even show.

Anyhow, there some interesting stuff to read at both links. The second link is actually about the famous One Time Square Tower. What I like about that site, are the old pictures of this famous fascinating tower. I guess I just love sites with vintage photos, grin. Now, it has got to be one of the most famous buildings in the world, or at least in the USA. Every time I go to Times Square, I am in awe, even though I have been there many times.

I wouldn't though, want to stand there during the new year eve... I'd rather stay cozy.

New Year Eve Ball
http://www.timessquarenyc.org/nye/nye_ball.html

One Time Square
http://www.nyc-architecture.com/MID/MID104.htm

No comments: